Medicinal & Aromatic Plants

Medicinal & Aromatic Plants
Open Access

ISSN: 2167-0412

+44 1300 500008

Tekle Y

Tekle Y
Southern Agricultural Research Institute (SARI),
Hawassa, P.O. Box: 14

  • Research Article
    Study on Ethno Veterinary Practices in Amaro Special District Southern Ethiopia
    Author(s): Tekle YTekle Y

    Background: Ethno veterinary knowledge covers up people’s knowledge, skills, methods, practices and beliefs about the care of their animals and themselves, and has been used over many centuries. Aim: To documented traditional medicinal plants that used to prevent and control ailments in Amaro Special District, Southern Ethiopia. Method: A purposive sampling technique study was carried out using a semi-structured questionnaire, field observational and survey to document indigenous knowledge. Descriptive statistics were used to analyze and summarize the ethno-botanical data. A total of 24 herbalists aged between 35-69 years old, 71% were over 46 years old (elders) and 29% were between 35 and 45 years old (younger). The majority informants were males, 87.5% and the experiences year from 29-32 years were 58.33% and the remaining 41.67% were from 5-20 years. Result: Twe.. View More»
    DOI: 10.4172/2167-0412.1000186

    Abstract PDF

Relevant Topics