GET THE APP

Mycobacterial Diseases

Mycobacterial Diseases
Open Access

ISSN: 2161-1068

+44 1478 350008

Lobelia Samavati

Lobelia Samavati
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine,
3990 John R, 3 Hudson, Detroit, MI 48201
Tanzania

Publications
  • Commentary
    T7 Phage Display Library a Promising Strategy to Detect Tuberculosis Specific Biomarkers
    Author(s): Harvinder Talwar, Jaya Talreja and Lobelia SamavatiHarvinder Talwar, Jaya Talreja and Lobelia Samavati

    One-third of the world's population is infected with tuberculosis, only 10% will develop active disease and the remaining 90% is considered to have latent TB (LTB). While active TB is contagious and can be lethal, the LTB can evolve to active TB. The diagnosis of TB can be challenging, especially in the early stages, due to the variability in presentation and nonspecific signs and symptoms. Currently, we have limited tools available to diagnose active TB, predict treatment efficacy and cure of active tuberculosis, the reactivation of latent tuberculosis infection, and the induction of protective immune responses through vaccination. Therefore, the identification of robust and accurate tuberculosis-specific biomarkers is crucial for the successful eradication of TB. In this commentary, we summarized the available methods for diagnosis and differentiation of active .. View More»
    DOI: 10.4172/2161-1068.1000214

    Abstract PDF

Relevant Topics

Top