Professor, Department of Microbiology & Immunology
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, USA
Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, USA
Director, Ocular Virology Laboratory
University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Submit manuscript at Online Submission System or send as an e-mail attachment to the Editorial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of Contents
About the Journal
NLM ID: 101690218
Virology & Mycology is an open access peer reviewed journal that considers articles in all aspects of research on the viruses and fungus of animal (or) plant and microbes. The approaches and techniques used are expected to encompass many disciplines, including cell biology, structural biology, molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, biophysics, immunology, morphology, genomics and pathogenesis. The journal welcomes basic research as well as pre-clinical and clinical studies of novel diagnostic tools.
The journal welcomes the articles from the below topic but not limited to:
- Medical mycology about various novel compound extractions from fungal sources, use of different drugs, novel application of fungal biochemical, bio-pesticides and microbiological tests for pharmaceutical purposes, studies in mycotoxicology
- Molecular aspects of the control and prevention of fungal infections in animals/plants/microbes with vaccines, antiviral and antifungal agents
- On the use of viruses as gene therapy vectors, aspects of the control and prevention of viral infections with vaccines and antiviral agents and on the, as well as research on other agents such as prions
- Outbreak of viral/fungal infections to humans, plants and animals
- Mutations that affect drug resistance (or) changes in receptor binding (or) those that inform us about basic aspects of virus replication (or) disease, as well as next generation sequencing data such as viromes
Fast Editorial Review Process
Virology and Mycology is participating in the Fast Editorial Execution and Review Process (FEE-Review Process) with an additional prepayment of $99 apart from the regular article processing fee. Fast Editorial Execution and Review Process is a special service for the article that enables it to get a faster response in the pre-review stage from the handling editor as well as a review from the reviewer. An author can get a faster response of pre-review maximum in 3 days since submission, and a review process by the reviewer maximum in 5 days, followed by revision/publication in 2 days. If the article gets notified for revision by the handling editor, then it will take another 5 days for external review by the previous reviewer or alternative reviewer.
Acceptance of manuscripts is driven entirely by handling editorial team considerations and independent peer-review, ensuring the highest standards are maintained no matter the route to regular peer-reviewed publication or a fast editorial review process. The handling editor and the article contributor are responsible for adhering to scientific standards. The article FEE-Review process of $99 will not be refunded even if the article is rejected or withdrawn for publication.
The corresponding author or institution/organization is responsible for making the manuscript FEE-Review Process payment. The additional FEE-Review Process payment covers the fast review processing and quick editorial decisions, and regular article publication covers the preparation in various formats for online publication, securing full-text inclusion in a number of permanent archives like HTML, XML, and PDF, and feeding to different indexing agencies.
Articles published in Virology & Mycology have been cited by esteemed scholars and scientists all around the world. Virology & Mycology has got h-index 13 , which means every article in Virology & Mycology has got 13 average citations.
Current Issue Highlights