Associate Professor in Food Processing, Dept. of Food Technology School of Agricultural Technology Technological Educational Institute of Peloponnese
1. Food Safety management systems.
2. Water-Food ingredients interactions.
3. Thermal analysis of Foods and Food Packaging Materials.
4. Study of chemical, biochemical and physicochemical reactions/alterations occurring in food systems during their storage/preservation.
5. Kinetic studies of chemical, biochemical and physicochemical phenomena in food systems.
6. Study of biodegradable polymers for food packaging applications.
7. Edible films for food packaging and coating applications.
8. Interactions between food packaging materials and foods.
10. Implementation of chemometrics to food and drinks for classification according to varietal and geographic origin.
11. Solid state fermentation-tempeh fermentation
12. Membrane Technology
13. Enzyme technology
14. Research and development, Quality Control and quality assurance of bakery, snack, confectionery products
15. Olive oil technology-Biotechnology production
16. New waste treatment technologies
17. Gene transfer from transgenic plants to nitrogen fixing bacteria
18. Risk assessment of genetically modified (GM) food
19. Microbiology of cheeses.
20. Food allergens research-. Determination of the limit over which the uptake of allergenic substances could cause allergy and the consequences that the allergenic substances that might be contained in processed foods could cause.
21. Food additives.
22. Food engineering phenomena-diffusion, counter-current extraction
23. Research on quality control using texture analyzer, rheofermentometer 24. Sensory evaluation methodology
25. Lipid oxidation
26 UHT Processing
27 Reliability analysis in different processing lines including cheese (feta), strudel, bread, biscuits etc.
28 Chemistry and Physical Chemistry of Starch and other Food Polysaccharides