+44 7868 792050
Ioannis S Boziaris
Associate Professor, Department of Ichthyology & Aquatic Environment, School of Agricultural Sciences
University of Thessaly, Greece
Ioannis S. Boziaris (MSc, PhD) is Assistant Professor in Seafood Hygiene and Preservation in the Dept. of Ichthyology and Aquatic Environment, School of Agricultural Sciences, University of Thessaly, Greece. He studied Food Sc. & Techn., in Agricultural University of Athens and he did his MSc in Food Science in Univ. of Leeds, UK. His PhD (Univ. of Surrey, UK) was on food microbiology, while his post-doctoral research (Agricultural Univ. of Athens) was related to spoilage and safety of animal origin foods. His teaching and research is focused on seafood spoilage, preservation and safety. Dr. Ioannis S. Boziaris is also expert on food safety and food safety management systems (FSMS), as assessor of Hellenic Accreditation System for FSMS Certification Bodies and instructor of Hellenic Food Authority.
• Fate of pathogenic and spoilage microorganisms in food/seafood stored under various conditions.
• Food/Seafood spoilage and preservation.
• Use of molecular methods to explore food/seafood micro-biota
• Use of mild preservation strategies and antimicrobial systems for food/seafood safety and preservation.
• Hygiene and processing of edible snails and frog legs.