Department of Food Science,
University of Teramo,
Manuel Sergi is an Associate Professor in Analytical Chemistry at Univesity of Teramo, Italy. The main researh fields are related with the development of analytical methods based on Liquid Chromatography
coupled with Tandem Mass Spectrometry
(HPLC-MS/MS) for Food Safety, Biomedical and Forensic Toxicology
2001-2005: took part as an active member of the Chemistry Group in the "ARCA-La Sapienza" Project on the Galapagos Islands (Ecuador), where HE carried out research directed towards the creation of a scientific laboratory of excellence dedicated to eco-compatibility and sustainable development.
Since July 2003: He has been collaborating with the Coordinator of the International Relations' Commission of the University of Rome "La Sapienza", Prof. Dino Guerritore, (in) maintaining relations with the Ecuadorean Authorities as well as the Italian Embassy in Ecuador.
He has furthermore, held seminars and courses, regarding the aforementioned project, to the Ecuadorean technicians on environmental resource management
and the use of scientific equipment for chemical-physic analysis of water.
- In the academic year 2001/2002 and 2002/2003 HE held Mass Spectrometry
seminars relating to the "Clinical Analytical Chemisty" for the CCL in Chemistry (University "La Sapienza").
- In the academic year 2003/2004 HE carried out the training of the "Biological Systems' Chemistry Laboratory" for the CCL in Chemistry ("La Sapienza" University).
- In September 2003 HE was commissioned by the MFN Science Department of "La Sapienza" University to support the students of Analytic Chemistry courses during the HE and IHE trimesters of the academic year 2003/2004 ("La Sapienza" University).
- In January 2004 HE held a Mass Spectrometry
course at the Foggia's Experimental Institute for Cereal
- Since 2001 He has overseen numerous students interned for the development of their degree thesis at the Mass Spectrometry
laboratory, under Prof.ssa Curinhe ("La Sapienza" University).
- Since February 2006 He has had the position of researcher at the Agricultural Department at the University of Teramo.
- Since the academic year 2006/2007 He has been in charge of "General & Inorganic Chemistry" courses as well as "New Analytical Techniques for/in Biotechnology" as part of the Biotechnology degree course (University of Teramo).
- Since the academic year 2008/2009 He has been in charge also of "Analytical Chemistry" course as part of the Biotechnology degree course (University of Teramo).
- Furthermore, He has been responsible for the department's management
of the disposal of special waste, as well as being responsible for the gas-chromatography laboratory of the Food Science
& Technology Department (University of Teramo).
- In May 2006 HE participated, having been recruited by the UNDP (United Nations Development Program), in the PROINGALA Project, financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the International Cooperation.
- In recent years, He has been a Referee for international journals, including Analytical Chemistry and Journal of Chromatography
He is the author of 48 scientific papers published in international journals and several speeches/ presentations in both national and international congresses.
Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Analytical chemistry, Agricultural research