Born in Batu Pahat Johore in 1962. Starts as a consultant and lecturer in PPUKM since 1995 and join KPJ in year 2000. Dr Aminuddin Saim involved in the first cochlear implantation in Malaysia along with Prof Dato Dr Lokman Saim in PPUKM. He is also a pioneer in setting up a pediatric ENT unit in UKM and in stem cell and tissue engineering research along with Prof Dr Ruszymah Idrus since year 2000. He have more then 20 international publications and 12 patents under his name mainly in biomedical research. Dr Aminuddin received many awards for his clinical and research work namely;
1. William P Potsic Award in 2001 for best researcher year 2000 from the North American ENT society.
2. In 2002 Ministry of Science, Technology and the Enviroment of Malaysia Gold Medal Award for the Innovation of Tissue Engineered Trachea.
3. In 2003 Ministry of Science, Technology and the Enviroment of Malaysia Gold Medal Award for the Formation of Tissue Engineered Human Skin For Clinical Application.
4. 2004 Geneva Gold Medal Award For the Innovation of Bioengineered Human skin.
5. 2005 I-TEX Gold Medal Award For The Invention Of Tissue Engineered Bone.
Graduated from UKM ( National University of Malaysia) in 1988. Served as a houseofficer and medical officer in Kuantan General Hospital and later transfered to Sarawak General Hospital. In 1990 he join UKM as trainee lecturer and persue his master degree in surgery (ORL) and graduated in 1995. During his masters he was attached to Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Infirmary Hospital Melbourne Australia and conducting study on cochlear implant (bionic ear) for the treatment of hearing loss. In 1998-1999 he continue with his fellowship programme at ENT department Harvard Medical School, Massachussettes Boston and Tissue Engineering Biomedical Research Division of University of Massachussets Worchester USA.
Otorhinolaryngology, Rhinology, Cancer, Pediatric ENT, Stem cell and tisuue engineering research, Head and neck surgery.