+44 1478 350008
Food Science refers to basic applied science of food, its scope starts with science of agricultural and nutrition and leads through the aspects of food safety and food processing, informing the development of food technology. The world’s population has been increasing at a faster rate and approximately it reaches to 9.6 billion by 2050. The food production should also be increased by 70% by 2050 to feed the increasing population; hence there is need for advanced technologies in the Food Science industry. Without implementing modern agricultural techniques in farming, current population levels could not meet sustained food and projected near- term population growth would create problems that would destabilize the current social and political order of globe. Even with the increases in agricultural productivity, however, new challenges for the Food Science industry to supply of food to the growing global economy with sufficient supplies of agricultural.
staples are greater now while comparing to before. A new revolution similar to the one that took place during the period of the 20th century is taking place all over the world to meet the expected demand by the growing population in the world and it also increased standard of living.
• The Plant Genomics Market is aiming to grow from USD 7.3 billion in 2019 to USD 11.7 billion by the year of 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3%.
• The NPK fertilizers market is projected to grow from USD 2.4 billion in 2018 to USD 2.9 billion by the year of 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.4.0%.
• The overall pest control market is expected to grow from USD 20.5 Billion in 2019 to USD 27.5 Billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.04%.
• The plant breeding and CRISPR (clusters of regularly interspaced short palindromic repeat) plants market is estimated to increase from USD 7.6 billion in 2018 and to USD 14.6 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 13.95%.
Scope and importance:
Economic growth and global industrialization are inextricably linked to the continuous availability, access, diversity and modernization of its Food Science and its allied sector. Food Science, in fact, plays an important role in whole goals and endeavours to attain fiscal development. Agricultural science is among one of the best career options of a study, because of the lack of information and proper guidance, peoples generally under- estimate this field. Each and the every requirements and need of creatures on globe including food, clothing and shelter are straight forwardly rewarded by Food Science sector. A continuous research work is involving in this field to provide the maximum requirements to the increasing population of the world. Consequently, the importance of Food Science to society effects on our quality of life, food, nutrition, clothing and locality where peoples are living.
• Food Science & Engineering
• Technology in Food Science
• Food Analysis, Nutrition & Dietary Management
• Food Safety & Security
• Food Spoilage
• Food Plant Management
• Food Marketing & Sales
• Agricultural Science
• Food Packaging & Preservation
Copyright: This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.