Journal of Nutrition & Food Sciences

Journal of Nutrition & Food Sciences
Open Access

ISSN: 2155-9600

+44 7480022449

Abstract

Effect of Pharmacologically Active Medicinal Byproduct Combination as Feed Additives on Performance, Fecal Microbiology, Hematological Parameters and Economic Efficacy in Broiler Chicken

ABM Rubayet Bostami*, Chul-Ju Yang, Rokibul Islam Khan, M Delowar Hossain, AKM Zilani Rabbi

An experiment was conducted and designed with pharmacologically active medicinal byproduct combinations (Camelia sinensis, Aloe vera and Phylanthus emblica) as feed additives to check the impact on growth performance, fecal pH and microbiology, hematological parameters and economic efficacy in broiler chicken. A total of 240 chicks were randomly allocated to four treatments having 6 replications of 10 birds per replicated pen following completely randomized design and reared for the period of 5 weeks. Dietary treatments were: 1) MPC0=Control (basal diet without medicinal byproduct combinations); 2) MPC1=basal diet+0.2% medicinal byproduct combination; 3) MPC2=basal diet+0.4% medicinal byproduct combinations; 4) MPC3=basal diet+0.6% medicinal byproduct combination. Result of present study revealed that, medicinal byproduct combinations added groups MPC1, MPC2 and MPC3 exhibited better broiler growth performance as compared to MPC0 (P<0.05). Lower fecal pH was depicted in the MPC1, MPC2 and MPC3 inoculated birds in comparison to the MPC0 (P<0.05). Suppression of pathogenic E. coli was observed in MPC2 and MPC3 and Salmonella sp. was observed lower in MPC1, MPC2 and MPC3 supplemented birds relative to that of MPC0 (P<0.05). There was no profound negative impact on hematological parameters except lower RBC count was found in MPC2 as compared to MPC0 (P<0.05). Economic efficacy was better in case of broilers treated with MPC1, MPC2 and MPC3 compare to MPC0 (P<0.05). To sum up, medicinal byproduct combinations with Camelia sinensis, Aloe vera and Phylanthus emblica could be potential feed additives in case of broilers, where MPC2 could be preferred for better efficacy.

Published Date: 2020-03-10; Received Date: 2020-01-02

Top