Professor, Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology College of Veterinary Medicine
Auburn University, USA
Dr. Iryna Sorokulova, Professor of Microbiology, Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, USA. She received her MS degree in Microbiology from Taras Shevchenko Kiev State University (Ukraine) and Ph.D. and D.Sc. Degrees in Microbiology from Institute of Microbiology and Virology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Dr. Sorokulova received professional training at Moscow State University (Russia), Bureau of Biologics (Ottawa, Canada), Massachusetts Biological Laboratories (Boston, MA, USA). She is the recipient of the Ukraine State Prize in Science and Technology. Dr. Sorokulova is the author of 76 refereed scientific publications, 4 books, and 23 patents (1- US, 1-France; 6-Ukraine, 15-Russia). Six patents are now licensed and commercialized. She created several biotechnological products; some of them are commercially available.
• Development of Bacillus therapeutics
• Safety assessment of bacterial strains, prospective as food and drugs
• Elaboration of new diagnostic probes for detection of pathogens
• New methods of bacteria formulations for prolongation of shelf-life and stabilization during the storage
• Evaluation of the criteria for recombinant probiotics