Dow University of Health Sciences, Turkey
Dr. Yusuf TUTAR is the Head of Biochemistry Division and the Head of Basic Sciences Department at Faculty of Pharmacy, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas Turkey. Dr. Tutar is also the Head of Biomedical Engineering Program at the same university. He obtained his M.Sc. and Ph.D. at Oregon State University and Texas Tech University respectively. He pursued his postdoctoral study at National Institutes of Health (NIH/NIDDK), USA. His research focuses on Biochemistry, Biophysics, Genetics, and Molecular Biology with specialization in the fields of protein structure-function, protein folding, prion, microrna, pseudogenes, molecular cancer, proteomics, genomics, protein expression and characterization by spectroscopic and calorimetric methods.
• Molecular Cancer Research and epigenetic (RT-PCR and Microarray).
• MicroRNA, pseudogenes, and transfection. • Prion, translation termination in eukaryotes, and transcription initiation in prokaryotes.
• Investigating structure-function relationship of biological macromolecules with biochemical, biophysical, genetics and molecular biological methods.
• Recombinant DNA technology, molecular sub-cloning, transformation and protein expression. • Drug design, docking, molecular dynamics.
• Nanoparticles for drug targeting.
• Protein purification (Heat shock, Catabolite repressor and S100P proteins) and characterisation (Spectroscopy: Fluorescence, Luminescence, CD, FTIR; Calorimetry: NanoDSC and ITC; Chromatography: HPLC and FPLC; Other techniques: MALDI-TOF, GC, SPR).