Professor, Institute of Chemistry
St. Cyril and Methodius University, Macedonia
Received B.Sc. (1972), M.Sc. (1979) and Ph.D. (1985) degrees in the Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia. From 1974-1978 he was with the Faculty of Science, Skopje, Macedonia as a teaching assistant, 1978-1985 he was with Ferronickel – Kavadarci, Macedonia as Laboratory manager. From 1985 to 1988 he was with Mining and Metallurgy Institute, Skopje, as scientific researcher. From 1988 to now he has been with Faculty of Science, Skopje, from 1997 as full professor. He is author of 25 books, 4 chapters in books, over 330 published papers, over 450 presentations at scientific conferences (40 as invited lecturer) and 8 patents. Current number of citations of his publications is 1470. He was an Editor-in-Chief of the Bulletin of Chemists and Technologists of Macedonia, now Macedonian Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering included in WoS. He is a member of 6 international journals. In 2009 he was awarded with the state award for best scientific achievements in Macedonia. His research interest is in analytical and environmental chemistry, applying atomic absorption and atomic emission spectrometry.
Analytical chemistry, Environmental chemistry, atomic absorption spectrometry, atomic emission spectrometry, development of analytical methods (especially in atomic spectrometry) for trace metals analysis in biological and plant material, waters, food, soil, etc.; environmental pollution and monitoring; chromatographic methods for drug and medical plants investigation; industrial chemistry.