COVID-19 Impacts on Tourism Worldwide
The invisible, parasitic and micro in size virus has completely shaken the world in terms of health aspects. The newly discovered COVID-19 virus has drastically affected the world economy. The entire world is together to eradicate this dreadful virus. Almost all countries have imposed restrictions on travel, including complete bans on all travel in order to prevent further spread of coronavirus infection. Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 worldwide, tourism sectors are in great loss. It has extremely become difficult to estimate the impact of COVID-19 on international tourism. Many tourist attractions around the world, such as museums, amusement parks and sports venues, are closed. We are in the process of accepting articles from authors looking into COVID-19 and tourism to provide information in the tourism field. We hope that shared information would be useful for those in the tourism field much needed knowledge and ideas on the impacts of the virus as well as the future of tourism.
Special Issue guidelines
Proposals are invited from all recognized experts in this area for creating special issues that fall within the scope of Longdom Journal of Tourism & Hospitality. Special issues should focus on "COVID-19 Impacts on Tourism Worldwide". The aim of these special issues is to broaden the scope of Longdom journals by encouraging publication of articles specific to high profile research topics from all areas Tourism & Hospitality and COVID19.
Special issues will be released on a monthly basis and proposals will be accepted accordingly. All proposals should include the following information:
• Title of the proposed special issue
• Purpose and current relevance
• List of topics to be covered
• List of potential contributors
• Guest Editor(s) and Reviewers
• Address, phone, e-mail, and fax of guest editors and reviewers
• Tentative deadlines for submission and review process (Timeline for submission, review, and final acceptance)
All proposals should be submitted to www.longdom.org/submissions/tourism-hospitality.html or send as an e-mail attachment to the Editorial Office at [email protected] and [email protected]
Role of EB Members
• Review the special issue proposals for relevance to current research in the concerned field.
• Recommend suitable proposals and their guest editors along with their biographies.
Once a proposal has been accepted by the EB members for creating a special issue, the corresponding guest editors will be responsible for handling and processing of the special issue articles.
Role of Guest Editor(s)
• State the importance of the proposed special issue theme and explain how the special issue articles will contribute towards advancing the scope of the journal.
• Suggest potential authors and invite them for contributing relevant articles for the proposed special issue.
• Suggest a minimum of 3-5 reviewers for the manuscripts submitted towards the special issue.
• Carry out all communications with potential authors and reviewers concerning author guidelines for manuscript preparation and reviewing.
• Prepare a timeline and schedule for the release of special issue articles. This should include a timeline for manuscript preparation, review process, and final submission.
• Oversee the submission of final edited versions of the contributing articles along with the contact information of all corresponding authors.
• Include a short editorial for the topic of interest written either by the guest editor or by any of the contributors.
• Special issue articles can include both original unpublished research articles and review articles related to the specific theme.
• Manuscripts will be accepted for publishing in the special issue only after getting approved by the peer review committee [selected by the guest editor(s)].
• All the articles in special issues should strictly adhere to journal style and formatting.
• Each special issue can be created with 10-15 articles.
• All accepted manuscripts can be submitted online via www.longdom.org/submissions/tourism-hospitality.html Submission should be accompanied by a cover letter with reference to the concerned special issue theme.
• Accepted manuscripts submitted before the deadline will be published within the given timeframe for the respective journal publication.
Once accepted and published, all special issues will be released under an open access system through Longdom Publishing International and will be freely available for reading, downloading, and printing. For further information on special issue guidelines and submission process, please contact [email protected]