Research Assistant Professor, Department of Physics
Clemson University, Clemson, USA
Materials synthesis and structural characterization:
• Chemical vapor deposition and pulsed laser ablation of nanostructured materials including carbon nanotubes, graphene and semi-conducting nanowires.
• Fundamental understanding and applications of one-dimensional nanonanostructures.
• Electron and atomic force microscopy of nanomaterials.
Optical and Vibrational Spectroscopy:
• Raman, infrared, and photoluminescence spectroscopy of low
dimensional materials that exhibit quantum confinement phenomenon.
• Non-linear optical studies and pump-probe spectroscopy of
on one- and two-dimensional nanostructures.
• Understanding interactions at the nano-bio interface using
• Bio-molecular sensing using enhanced plasmons in low dimensional nanostructures.
• Studies on the toxic and ecological effects of nanomaterials.
Applications of Nanomaterials:
• Development of novel bio-medical implants and nanomedicine.
• Development of passive all-carbon optical diodes.
• Designing high energy and high power density supercapacitors.