Professor of Physiology, Department of the Second University of Naples
Professor Marcellino Monda has received degree in Medicine and Surgery with highest honors at the University of Naples; Specialization in Internal Medicine with highest honors at the University of Naples; Specialization in Sports Medicine highest honors at the University of Naples. He is full Professor of Physiology at the Department of Experimental Medicine, and Medical Director at the Unit of Dietetics and Sports Medicine of the Second University of Naples. Director of the School of Specialization in Sports Medicine of the Second University of Naples.
1) Nervous Control of body temperature
2) Correlations between thermogenesis and feeding behavior
3) Cortical and hypothalamic control of vegetative functions
4) Autonomic responses to stimulation with orexin A in various conditions, including those by neuroleptic drugs
5) Control of nociceptive transmission
6) Variations of metabolic and vegetative parameters in physiological and pathological conditions (especially obesity and diabetes).