+44 1223 790975
The present study provides concrete information about the nutritive value of six different varieties of Palm dates including; Ajwa, Busra, Rabi, Mazafati, Irani and Shareefa. Proximate analysis was a prime method to calculate each type of nutrient present in all varieties. Evaluation of different antioxidants, and phytochemicals were performed to check the efficacy of different varieties of Palm Dates. It has been experimentally proven that Ajwa is not of prime importance than the rest of the varieties. A result clearly defines the efficacy of all varieties not only of Ajwa and it is scientifically proven the ingestion of other varieties. The total moisture content in date varieties were range from 7-15%. The total ash content in date varieties were range from 1-3%. The total Protein content in date varieties were range from 1-3%. The total fat in date varieties were range from 1-6%. The total fiber content in date varieties were range from 14-70%. Moreover, the total Carbohydrates in date varieties were range from 12-34%. Mazafati, Shareefa and Busra contain more fiber as compare to Ajwa that promotes good digestion. It also helpful for diabetic patients for not instant supply of sugars by delaying digestion due to high fiber content. Palm Dates promotes good health and provide with large number of nutrients, antioxidants, minerals and phytochemicals. Irani contain more phenolic (16.6 g/100 g) as compare to the rest the Palm dates. Total phenolic content ranges from 10-17 g as per 100 g of fruit. Busra shows more tannin (11.75%) and DPPH inhibition index (54.20%) so it is better for immune system to protect from cancer and maintain good body heath. Antioxidant activity in palm dates ranges from 1-55% while tannins content ranges from 0-12%.
Published Date: 2019-01-05; Received Date: 2018-12-04