Department of Basic Sciences, Biochemistry Division
Cumhuriyet University, Turkey
Dr. Yusuf TUTAR is the Head of Biochemistry Division and the head of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences Department at Faculty of Pharmacy, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas Turkey. Dr. Tutar is also the Head of Biomedical Engineering Program at the same university. He obtained his M.Sc. and Ph.D. at Oregon State University and Texas Tech University respectively. He pursued his postdoctoral study at National Institutes of Health (NIH/NIDDK), USA. His research focuses on Biochemistry, Biophysics, Genetics and Molecular Biology with specialization in the fields of protein structure-function, protein folding, prion, microrna, pseudogenes, molecular cancer, molecular docking, proteomics, genomics, protein expression and characterization by spectroscopic and calorimetric methods.
• Recombinant DNA technology, molecular sub-cloning, transformation and protein expression.
• Prion, translation termination in eukaryotes, and transcription initiation in prokaryotes.
• Molecular Cancer Research (Prostate, thyroid, renal, colon) and epigenetic (RT-PCR and Microarray).
• MicroRNA, pseudogenes and transfection.
• Drug design, docking, molecular dynamics.
• Nanoparticles for drug targeting.
• Investigating structure-function relationship of biological macromolecules with biochemical, biophysical, genetics and molecular biological methods.
• Protein purification (Heat shock, Catabolite repressor and S100P proteins) and characterisation (Spectroscopy: Fluorescence, Luminescence, CD, FTIR; Calorimetry: NanoDSC and ITC; Chromatography: HPLC and FPLC; Other techniques: MALDI-TOF, GC, SPR)