Center for Thrombosis and Hemostasis
Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Anja Kaeberich was born in Cottbus (Germany) in 1986. After starting her studies of medicine in 2005, she initiated her scientific career in 2008 at the University Hospital Halle/Saale, Germany, Department for Cardiology and Angiology in her PhD thesis investigating the pathomechanism of cardiac catheter thrombosis and testing several new anticoagulant agents in the setting of cardiac catheter- as well as heart valve-associated thrombosis in several third party funded basic science studies using in-vitro models.
She was licensed as physician in 2011 and worked as a resident physician and research associate at the Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Martin-Luther-University Halle/Saale, Germany. Since 2013 and up to now, she is engaged with postdoctoral clinical research focusing on venous thromboembolism at the Center for Thrombosis and Hemostasis (CTH) in Mainz, Germany. She is the first author of several publications and joins the reviewer board of several journals.
- interactions of coagulation and inflammation
- in-vitro models of thrombosis
- pathophysiology of arterial and venous thrombosis
- pathomechanism of thrombosis (especially catheter-associated thrombosis)
- anticoagulant agents
- venous thromboembolism and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension.