Instructions for Authors
Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics provides the rapid bimonthly publication of articles in all areas related to Physical Chemistry & Biophysics. The journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics welcomes the submission of manuscripts that meet the general criteria of significance and scientific excellence.
As a member of Publisher International linking Association, PILA, Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics (of Longdom Publishing) follows the Creative Commons Attribution License and Scholars Open Access publishing policies.
Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics focused on the areas such as Advances in Physical Chemistry Methods, Physical Chemistry Applications, Molecular Physical Chemistry, Experimental Physical Chemistry, Applied Physical Chemistry, Macromolecular Physical Chemistry, Advanced Mathematics for Physical Chemistry, Physical Methods in Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry for Polymers, Atmospheric Physical Chemistry, Radiation Physics, Medical Biophysics, Computational Biophysics, Membrane Biophysics, Cellular Biophyscics, Mathematical Biophysics, Molecular Biophysics, Radiation Biophysics, Chemical Biophysics, Biophysical Analysis
A manuscript number will be e-mailed to the corresponding author within 72 hours.
Longdom Publishing Policy Regarding the NIH Mandate
Longdom Publishing will support authors by posting the published version of articles by NIH grant-holders to PubMed Central immediately after publication.
Article Processing Charges (APC):
As with any other open access publication, the Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics operates through processing and handling fee received from authors, which is utilized in meeting the maintenance charges of the respective journal. The model is pursued in order to present free articles for readers without subscription charges. Authors are required to make the payment once the manuscript is cleared to be published by reviewers.
The post publication charges of the article is EURO 2000 with additional charges of EURO 1000 by 3rd party Indexing site LLC ltd.
However, the publication cost may vary based on the extensive editing, colored effects, complex equations, extra elongation of no. of pages of the article, etc.
In order to reduce delays, authors should adhere to the level, length and format specified at every stage of processing right from manuscript submission to each revision stage. Submitted articles should have a 300 words summary/abstract, separate from the main text. The summary should provide a brief account of the work by clearly stating the purpose of the study and the methodology adopted, highlighting major findings briefly. The text may contain a few short subheadings of no more than 40 characters each.
In order to accomplish its vision to make scientific & health care information open access and to disseminate the scientific knowledge all around the world Longdom Publishing made a new initiation.
As Longdom Publishing open access journals are accessed and read by a global audience, the language translation feature translates the published articles in international languages like Japanese, Chinese, German and more. Authors who are interested to publish translated version of their paper in languages including Chinese, Japanese etc., are billed in excess of $100 along with the article processing charges. Accepted papers will be published in both English as well as author recommended language(s).
Average Article prorcessing time (APT) is 55 days
Fast Editorial Review Process
Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics is participating in the Fast Editorial Execution and Review Process (FEE-Review Process) with an additional prepayment of $99 apart from the regular article processing fee. Fast Editorial Execution and Review Process is a special service for the article that enables it to get a faster response in the pre-review stage from the handling editor as well as a review from the reviewer. An author can get a faster response of pre-review maximum in 3 days since submission, and a review process by the reviewer maximum in 5 days, followed by revision/publication in 2 days. If the article gets notified for revision by the handling editor, then it will take another 5 days for external review by the previous reviewer or alternative reviewer.
Acceptance of manuscripts is driven entirely by handling editorial team considerations and independent peer-review, ensuring the highest standards are maintained no matter the route to regular peer-reviewed publication or a fast editorial review process. The handling editor and the article contributor are responsible for adhering to scientific standards. The article FEE-Review process of $99 will not be refunded even if the article is rejected or withdrawn for publication.
The corresponding author or institution/organization is responsible for making the manuscript FEE-Review Process payment. The additional FEE-Review Process payment covers the fast review processing and quick editorial decisions, and regular article publication covers the preparation in various formats for online publication, securing full-text inclusion in a number of permanent archives like HTML, XML, and PDF, and feeding to different indexing agencies.
Author Withdrawal Policy
From time to time, an author may wish to withdraw a manuscript after submitting it.
Changing one’s mind is an author’s prerogative. And an author is free to withdraw an article at no charge – as long as it is withdrawn within 07 days of its initial submission.
Article Preparation Guidelines:
Longdom Publishing accepts various formats of literary works such as research articles, reviews, abstracts, addendums, announcements, article-commentaries, letters to the editor; annual meeting abstracts, conference proceedings, calendars, case-reports, and associated commentaries.
- Authors are expected to attach an electronic covering letter completely mentioning the type of manuscript (Research article, Review articles, Brief Reports, Case study etc.) Unless invited on a special case, authors cannot classify a particular manuscript as Editorials or Letters to the editor or concise communications.
- Confirm that each individual named as an author meets the uniform requirements of the Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics criteria for authorship.
- Please make sure that the article submitted for review/publication is not under consideration elsewhere simultaneously.
- Clearly mention financial support or benefits if any from commercial sources for the work reported in the manuscript, or any other financial interests that any of the authors may have, which could create a potential conflict of interest or the appearance of a conflict of interest with regard to the work.
- A clear title of the article along with complete details of the author/s (professional/institutional affiliation, educational qualifications and contact information) must be provided in the tile page.
- Corresponding author should include address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address in the first page of the manuscript and authors must address any conflict of interest with others once the article is published.
- Title page is page 1. On the first page, type the running head (short title for top of each page), title (which cannot include any acronyms), names of the authors and their academic degrees, grants or other financial supporters of the study, address for correspondence and reprint requests, and corresponding author's telephone and fax numbers and e-mail address.
- Cover Letter: A cover letter of 500 words should accompany the manuscript outlining the scope and purpose of research, along with email and postal address for communication.
- Introduction: The initial paragraph in the research article for Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics manuscript should capture a reader’s interest the attention of researchers and professionals in chemical properties of compounds and the formulations including the pathways and sites of action.
- Title: The title section should be provided with the mention of the brief overview of the contents in the Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics paper that give an idea of the scope of research. This should be wrapped up within a line or phrase consisting of around 25 words.
- Author information: The Telephone, Fax, and E-mail address should be mentioned along with complete names and credentials supported by required documents.
- Abstract: The submitted manuscripts for Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics should have an exclusive abstract of 300 words apart from the main article. It should comprise of the brief account of the research and the principle of research, and might contain short-headings of about 40 characters, with overall conclusion into a general context. Abbreviations should be avoided to the maximum extent.
- Materials and Methods: This section must contain the several materials and procedures used, along with the observation and analysis of the results and conclusion. Separate enclosure or appendix must be provided for tables and figures. Excel file cannot be placed as an embedded object as this violates the integrity of the research article in Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics.
- Results: A detailed explanation about the inferences gathered from the experiment and the observations, which would also pave the way for its practical usage and wider application in other genres.
- Acknowledgment: It mentions the details of the grants and the underlying contributions received in cash and moral guidance for the studies.
Only published or accepted manuscripts should be included in the reference list. Meetings abstracts, conference talks, or papers that have been submitted but not yet accepted should not be cited. All personal communications should be supported by a letter from the relevant authors.
Longdom uses the numbered citation (citation-sequence) method. References are listed and numbered in the order that they appear in the text. In the text, citations should be indicated by the reference number in brackets. Multiple citations within a single set of brackets should be separated by commas. When there are three or more sequential citations, they should be given as a range. Example: "... now enable biologists to simultaneously monitor the expression of thousands of genes in a single experiment [1,5-7,28]". Make sure the parts of the manuscript are in the correct order for the relevant journal before ordering the citations. Figure captions and tables should be at the end of the manuscript.
Authors are requested to provide at least one online link for each reference as following (preferably PubMed).
Because all references will be linked electronically as much as possible to the papers they cite, proper formatting of the references is crucial. Please use the following style for the reference list:
- Laemmli UK (1970) Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature 227: 680-685.
- Brusic V, Rudy G, Honeyman G, Hammer J, Harrison L (1998) Prediction of MHC class II- binding peptides using an evolutionary algorithm and artificial neural network. Bioinformatics 14: 121-130.
- Doroshenko V, Airich L, Vitushkina M, Kolokolova A, Livshits V, et al. (2007) YddG from Escherichia coli promotes export of aromatic amino acids. FEMS Microbiol Lett 275: 312-318.
Note: Please list the first five authors and then add "et al." if there are additional authors.
Electronic Journal Articles Entrez Programming Utilities
- Baggot JD (1999) Principles of drug disposition in domestic animals: The basis of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology. (1stedn), W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia, London, Toranto.
- Zhang Z (2006) Bioinformatics tools for differential analysis of proteomic expression profiling data from clinical samples. Taylor & Francis CRC Press.
- Hofmann T (1999) The Cluster-Abstraction Model: unsupervised learning of topic hierarchies from text data. Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
Other Article Types:
1. Letter to the editor
It is a form of a communication with the editor in chief or fellow editors to express a particular opinion about any matter directly associated with the area of chemistry research. The specific outcome and modes of application in the Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics can be mentioned and discussed in the letter. The letter must be in a formal language and should be compatible with the journalistic mode of communication, as it is mostly addressed to an editor in chief or persons in a similar capacity. The general audience and readers of the Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics can also get their queries answered regarding the content and its layout and structure.
As a large global audience from diverse backgrounds and schools of thought goes through an open access journal, the Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics also accepts feedbacks in the form of crisp and short commentaries with reference to the methodologies or subsequent research findings. The readers can express their views in form of writing to the respective editor or author, thereby building a rapport to inform about several aspects related to appearance, and rendering of the content and works of the Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics. The commentary and opinion about the scope of the article must reach within six months of publication.
Images and illustrations are important elements without which the story is incomplete; and the same holds true for sciences and research domain. The images posted or published in connection with Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics have to be in a high resolution so that those can be interchangeable and compatible with various formats including full-text and html. Tools like can be used to develop images of fine detail associated with particular research theme (such as ChemDraw to present bonds and molecular structures pictorially. Suitable legend for the image is strongly recommended.
Proofing and Reprints:
The evidence of proofing would be sent in an electronic form to the author of Journal of Physical Chemistry & Biophysics through an email as a pdf attachment, and authors can print unlimited number of copies once they download the pdf. No modifications are made to the manuscript at the proof stage except for spelling or basic errors. Authors can also have access to the full-text versions of their work.
The submitted manuscript should not be under publication anywhere else, except for usage as a help or instruction guide. All works published by Longdom Publishing are under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License. Accordingly, subsequently published articles can copy, distribute, and adapt the original work with proper citation.