Aims and Scope
Oral Health and Dental Management, an open-access journal was founded by Prof. Dr. Corneliu Amariei (Constanta, Romania) in 2002 on two key tenets:
- To publish the most exciting researches with respect to the subjects of Oral Health, Dentistry and Dental Management.
- To provide a rapid turn-around time possible for reviewing, publishing and disseminating articles freely for research, teaching and reference purposes.
The Journal focuses on studies that broadly cover pediatric dentistry, oral health, community dentistry, geriatric dentistry, orthodontics, oral pathology, TMJ disorders, implantology, cariology, periodontology, epidemiology, oral hygiene, aesthetic dentistry, prosthodontics, oral and maxillofacial radiology.
Oral Health and Dental Management give worldwide audience and scientific research community larger than that of any subscription-based journal, in the oral health and dentistry field. The journal gives barrier-free access to the literature for research. It increases convenience, reaches, and retrieval power. Free online literature is available for software that facilitates full-text searching, indexing, mining, summarizing, translating, querying, linking, recommending, alerting, "mash-ups" and other forms of processing and analysis. The journal puts rich and poor on an equal footing for these key resources and eliminates the need for permissions to reproduce and distribute content.
- Oral Health and Dental Management is ardent to Open Access.
- We strongly believe that removing barriers to research published online will greatly aid the progress in Oral Health and Dental Management scientific and technical disciplines.
- All the published articles will be assigned DOI provided by CrossRef.
- Oral Health and Dental Management will keep up to date with the latest advances in the field of Dentistry and papers published in Oral Health and Dental Management will reach the readers directly by email for free of cost.
Oral Health and Dental Management accept papers based on new findings from original data collection or new analyses of existing data. However, systematic reviews, other critical analyses, and reports will be considered for publication, online letters to the editors, brief comments that contribute to the previously published articles or other relevant findings in Oral Health and Dentistry field.
Open Access is a publication model that enables the dissemination of research articles to the global community without restriction usually through the internet. Thus, all articles published under Open Access can be accessed by anyone with an internet connection. Oral Health and Dental Management strongly support the Open Access initiative. Abstracts and PDF of all articles published by Oral Health and Dental Management are freely accessible to everyone immediately after publication. All works published by Oral Health and Dental Management are under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License. This permits anyone to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt the work provided the original work and source is appropriately cited. Oral Health and Dental Management support the Bethesda Statement on Open Access Publishing.
Definition of Open Access Publication
An Open Access Publication is one that meets the following two conditions:
- The author(s) and copyright holder(s) grant(s) to all users a free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access to, and a license to copy, use, distribute, transmit and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works, in any digital medium for any responsible purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship, as well as the right to make small numbers of printed copies for their personal use.
- A complete version of the work and all supplemental materials, including a copy of the permission as stated above, in a suitable standard electronic format is deposited immediately upon initial publication in at least one online repository that is supported by an academic institution, scholarly society, government agency, or other well-established organization that seeks to enable Open Access, unrestricted distribution, interoperability, and long-term archiving (for the biomedical sciences, PubMed Central is such a repository).
As a member of the Publisher International Linking Association (PILA), Oral Health and Dental Management follow the Creative Commons Attribution License and Scholars Open Access publishing policies.
Note: Community standards, rather than copyright law, will continue to provide the mechanism for enforcement of proper attribution and responsible use of the published work, as they do now.