Aims and Scope
With the evolution of the society there has been a tremendous evolution of food systems globally. Innovations in the field of Food processing are vital for agro-processing, transforming the raw materials to the finished products at an increased rate of production, productivity and at a reduced cost of production and to meet the demands aswell. Food Processing deals all aspects of the unit operations invloved in processing the raw materials to the finished products, their packaging and safe storage too.
Journal of Food Journal of Food Processing & Technology publishes monthly Issues dedicated in publishing high quality papers that covers the most significant and forefront research in all areas of Food Processing & Technology. The journal publishes high quality articles focussing on the traditional core subjects of Innovations in Food Processing Technics, Food Fortification, Food Safety, Food Nanotechnology, Nutritional Values, etc. Journal of Food Processing & Technology-Open Access gives barrier-free access to the literature for research. It increases convenience, reach, and retrieval power. Free online literature is available for software that facilitates full-text searching, indexing, mining, summarizing, translating, querying, linking, recommending, alerting, "mash-ups" and other forms of processing and analysis. Journal of Food Processing & Technology-Open Access puts rich and poor on an equal footing for these key resources and eliminates the need for permissions to reproduce and distribute content.
Papers can be submitted from any discipline related to Food Processing, suggested content areas include but are not limited to:
- Food Science
- Food Processing and Technology
- Food Engineering
- Chemistry, microbiology and biotechnology aspects of food
- Emerging safety and toxicological issues
- Physical, chemical and sensory properties of food
- Food quality and safety
- Food Packaging
- Food Preservation
- Food Fortification
- Food Products
- Food Rehology
All published articles will be assigned DOI provided by CrossRef. Journal of Food Processing & Technology will keep upto date with latest advances in the field and papers published in Journal of Food Processing & Technology will reach the readers directly by email for free of cost.
Longdom Publishing SL is ardent to Open Access. We strongly believe that removing barriers to research published online will greatly aid to the progress in OMICS scientific and technical disciplines.
Archived online in the transactions of the Longdom Publishing SL, which provides the international scientific community with immediate and permanent access to individual papers.
Journal of Food Processing & Technology accepts online letters to the editors, brief comments that contributes to the previously published articles or other relevant findings in the field of Food technology.
Open Access is a publication model, that enables the dissemination of research articles to the global community without restriction usually through the internet. Thus, all articles published under Open Access can be accessed by anyone with internet connection. Journal of Food Processing & Technology strongly supports the Open Access initiative. Abstracts and full texts (HTML, PDF and XML format) of all articles published by Journal of Food Processing & Technology are freely accessible to everyone immediately after publication.
All works published by Longdom Publishing SL are under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License. This permits anyone to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt the work provided the original work and source is appropriately cited. Journal of Food Processing & Technology supports the Bethesda Statement on Open Access Publishing.
Definition of Open Access Publication
An Open Access Publication is one that meets the following two conditions:
- The author(s) and copyright holder(s) grant(s) to all users a free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access to, and a license to copy, use, distribute, transmit and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works, in any digital medium for any responsible purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship, as well as the right to make small numbers of printed copies for their personal use.
- A complete version of the work and all supplemental materials, including a copy of the permission as stated above, in a suitable standard electronic format is deposited immediately upon initial publication in at least one online repository that is supported by an academic institution, scholarly society, government agency, or other well-established organization that seeks to enable Open Access, unrestricted distribution, interoperability, and long-term archiving (for the biomedical sciences, PubMed Central is such a repository).
As a member of Publisher International linking Association, PILA, Journal of Food Processing & Technology (of Longdom Publishing SL) follows the Creative Commons Attribution License and Scholars Open Access publishing policies.
Community standards, rather than copyright law, will continue to provide the mechanism for enforcement of proper attribution and responsible use of the published work, as they do now.