Steroids and COVID-19
Steroids and COVID-19
Journal of Steroids & Hormonal Science is pleased to announce Special issue on “Steroids and COVID-19”.
The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has created a global health crisis. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a global pandemic on March 11, 2020, To date, there are no specific vaccines or medicines for COVID-19. Also there’s some concern that steroids might affect people who have COVID-19. Asthmatic patients are among those at risk for serious illness. There is a concern about the steroids in asthma inhalers weakening the immune system. But it is advised that patients with asthma need to stay on their preventive asthma medication, which in most cases would include inhaled corticosteroids. There is also some evidence appears that corticosteroids may be beneficial in the treatment of COVID-19 if utilized in the early acute phase of infection. However, it is important to note this is not specific to COVID-19. Guideline recommendations on steroid use in COVID-19 are contradictory.
Our Journal “Journal of Steroids & Hormonal Science” is pleased to announce Special issue Call for paper on “Steroids and COVID-19”. We welcome both solicited and unsolicited submissions that will contribute to this special issue.
• Special issue articles can include both original unpublished research articles and review articles related to the specific theme
• Manuscripts will be accepted for publishing in the special issue only after getting approved by the peer review committee.
• All the articles in special issues should strictly adhere to journal style and formatting.
• Each special issue can be created with 5-7 articles.
• All accepted manuscripts can be submitted online via https://www.longdom.org/submissions/steroids-hormonal-science.html or through an email id to [email protected]
• Submission should be accompanied by a cover letter with reference to the concerned special issue theme.
Please visit Instruction for authors page to know more about article formatting and guidelines: https://www.longdom.org/steroids-hormonal-science/instructionsforauthors.html