Severity of covid infection and elder care
Severity of COVID Infection and Elder Care
Journal of Gerontology and Geriatrics Research is pleased to announce Special issue on “Severity of COVID Infection and Elder Care”.
According the World stats & observation that there are more chances that older people will get affected because of Coronavirus. Older people are much vulnerable. The reason are: a) weak immune system and b) in some cases they stay in a nursing or retirement home, or they live in a family with more crowded situation & so there's a greater risk of infection. The elderly are more likely to get Respiratory syndrome, the acute lung injury, cardiac disease, diabetes or kidney diseases which weaken their body’s ability to fight infectious disease. The mortality is directly proportional to their age.
One can take care of elder people by many ways like limit in-person visit or social distancing. They should provide proper equipment & training to protect from infection control. Encourage family members and friends to talk with them using smartphones or live video chat or others.
With the same purpose our Journal “Journal of Gerontology and Geriatrics Research” is announcing Special issue Call for paper on “Severity of COVID Infection and Elder Care”. We welcome both solicited and unsolicited submissions that will contribute to this special issue.
- Special issue articles can include both original unpublished research articles and review articles related to the specific theme
- Manuscripts will be accepted for publishing in the special issue only after getting approved by the peer review committee.
- All the articles in special issues should strictly adhere to journal style and formatting.
- Each special issue can be created with 5-7 articles.
- All accepted manuscripts can be submitted online via https://www.longdom.org/submissions/gerontology-geriatric-research.html or through an email id to [email protected].
- Submission should be accompanied by a cover letter with reference to the concerned special issue theme.
Please visit Instruction for authors page to know more about article formatting and guidelines: https://www.longdom.org/gerontology-geriatric-research/instructionsforauthors.html