Raouf A Khalil
Associate Professor, Division of Vascular Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital
• (1977-1978) Intern Medicine Kasr El-Eini Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
• (1978-1980) Resident Medicine Ministry of Public Health, Egypt
• (1980-1985) Trainee Pharmacology Assiut University, School of Medicine, Assiut, Egypt
• (1985-1989) Trainee Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami, Florida
• (1989-1991) Research Fellow Physiology in Medicine Harvard Medical School Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
His research interests include: Cardiac, Smooth and Skeletal Muscle physiology, Vascular Biology, Molecular Biology, Signal Transduction, Angiogenesis, Apoptosis, Electrophysiology, Light and Electron Microscopy, Fluorescent Probes, Immuno fluorescence and Immuno histochemistry, Digital Imaging Microscopy and Confocal Microscopy, Vascular smooth muscle, Endothelium, Intracellular ions, Calcium, Sodium, Ion Channels and Transport Mechanisms, Receptors, GTP-Binding Proteins, Protein Kinases and Phosphatases, Contractile proteins, Cytokines, Sex Hormones, Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System, Prostaglandins, Endothelin, Nitric Oxide, Regulation of Arterial Pressure, Hemodynamics, Microcirculation, Hypertension, Coronary Artery Disease, Atherosclerosis, Gender Differences in Vascular Function, Pregnancy, Preeclampsia.